Wednesday, September 19, 2012

It's a new year of life!

Praise God for a New Year!

September 8th was my birthday.  I'm amazed that it was already 11 days ago, this month is flying by!  I'm not a huge birthday person, I don't feel the need to be treated like a princess for a month or take the day off to lay around and do nothing.  I do enjoy that birthdays can be a time for us to affirm others and remind them of how much we really do love them.  I am excited that this year will be filled with so many new people, many whom I am sure that I haven't even met yet.  It's a year where I get to focus on loving others, sharing the Gospel, and pursuing the Lord.  Below is a picture of a boy who's mother is a visiting KU Ph D Graduate.  Our birthdays were the same week, so we got to blow out the candles together, how great to be able to share a birthday with this joyful guy!  It's a new year of life, praise God!



I will extol the Lord at all times;
    his praise will always be on my lips.
I will glory in the Lord;
    let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me;
    let us exalt his name together.

Psalm 34:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment