Sunday, March 4, 2012

70 days....

70 days.... what could happen in 70 days?

Well if all goes well within the next 70 days I will have earned my undergraduate degree and graduated from Drake, I will have donated my hair and ran a half marathon, and I will have made a vocational commitment for the next couple years of my life. But what about the little stuff, they ins and outs of every day life?  The stuff that really matters to the people around me.  How can I remain committed to following Jesus and the work of his Kingdom that I see on campus in these next couple of months?  How can I make each of these 70 days count?  Can I do something that matters, something that makes a difference every day?

Sometimes graduation feels so close, but then other times it feels lightyears away.  This morning it hit me for the first time that within the next 2-5 months I will actually be moving away from Des Moines.  Not for the summer and not for winter break, but moving away.  Des Moines has become such a comfortable home for me, I can drive around confidently, and I have all my favorite places around town to do homework.


God, may these next 70 days bring glory to you.

1 comment: