Sunday, October 2, 2011

Things I am looking forward to when I graduate....

Over the past month or so I have been keeping a mental list of "things I am looking forward to about graduating" or "next year at this time I could be....."  Just wanted to share a couple of them with you.

1.  Next year at this time I could be washing my own dishes.
2.  Next year at this time I could be cooking my own food and not eating on campus.
3.  Next year at this time I could be cleaning my own bathroom, and not sharing it with 15 other girls.  I won't have to use a shower caddy and I might not even have to wear a bathrobe or shower shoes.
4.  Next year at this time, I might not be doing homework.
5. Being able to get into bed without doing some intense high jump move.
6. Next year at this time, I might be able to go to bed  when I want and not be woken up by another person at anytime during the night.  My living space might just be quiet.  And more importantly my living space might be quiet when I WANT IT TO BE QUIET.
7.  I might even get to choose the handsoap and toilet paper that is in my bathroom.
8.  After graduation I look forward to my car being parked in the same place and not having to try to remember where I parked it last and to do a full our search and rescue mission every time.  Maybe I will live in a house or an apartment complex or have assigned parking.  The only time I'll have to worry about this is when I'm grocery shopping or at Target.
9. Next year I might have a roommate.  I miss having someone to help me figure out what to wear.  I miss having someone who's "always around."  I love living alone, but I also love living with a roomie.


So I suppose I should add the things that I am thankful for right now that might not be available to me after I graduate.
1.  That I don't have to pay rent each month (or electric, water, trash/recycling pick up, etc), my housing is covered because I am a Resident Assistant.
2.  I don't have to worry about buying groceries or preparing my meals or washing my dishes.  I have a meal plan that is also covered because I am an RA, I am thankful for the staff of people who provide this service to me and the other students at Drake.
3.  I don't have to clean my bathroom because there are men and women who take care of this and all the other repairs and maintenance of our hall.

1 comment:

  1. I can think of a bunch more things you might miss...

    1) Miss being able to meet new people anytime you want/be surrounded by people your own age.

    2) Miss being able to just step out your door and visit friends in your same building.

    3) Miss having a flexible schedule that allows for coffee breaks and hang outs in the middle of the day instead of a strick 9-5 schedule.

    Those are just a few things I miss :)

    ReplyDelete