Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday, August 19

It's hard to believe that it has been 12 days since my last post.  Like it seems like it's gone by really quickly, but it also feels like so much has happened.  I made it safely back to Des Moines with hardly any major glitches (something I am very thankful for).  I have been in Resident Assistant training (development for you res life followers) since I arrived home.   My mom and dad, cousin and his wife, and two of my friends helped to move all my stuff in to my room for me.  My parents and cousins helped me unpack and try to sort through things and picked up all the things I had forgotten.  My residence life staff welcomed me home and put up with all of my jet lag grumpiness.

It feels good to be home.  But I really do miss China: the people, the food, the way of life.

I can't believe that school starts in three days.  Next Monday my schedule and life will change.  It will go into crazy mode for the next three months.  This year, I some how want to prioritize my schedule so that I can make time for being with people more.  Spending more time with people and investing in my relationship with them.  That's pretty easy for me to say that as I sit here in the calm before the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment