Sometimes I just get kind of overwhelmed by how quickly live happens. It's hard to believe that it was only one week ago that I started classes, it feels like I've been at it forever. Even more difficult to believe that I was in China just three weeks ago. That seems like years ago. I feel like I haven't really had a chance to pause and think and reflect on my time abroad this summer.
My classes seem......alright. I have one that should be pretty easy, a couple of the normal read a bunch write a bunch classes, my Chinese class and then my senior capstone. My senior capstone class meets once a week for three hours. There are a 20some people in the class, but only two of us are using it for our senior capstone project. So we will meet outside of class (I'm not sure yet how that all works) and then we have a viewing lab since the class has a ton of films for us to watch. So this class is called Space Matters and it's about the posthuman existence. Now you might be wondering, what in the world does that mean? Well you are in good company, because so am I! Even after the first class and readings, I'm still not really sure about it. It's some sort of combination of science fiction, technology, robots, etc. Well that should be interesting.
I signed up for a 5K this morning. Woohoo. It's on September 17th and is a fundraising event for Families of SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy).
My sister's wedding shower is this weekend! I'm really excited for it, but also feeling like there is a lot left to get done! In other news, I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.
Amanda - why did you choose that as your capstone class? It isn't a topic I"ve ever heard you express interest in... just curious cause I know you're very passionate about cross-cultural/intercultural relations and I thought you might do a capstone on that. Especially if you want to get into grad school for something related to international/intercultural things some day. We should chat about this on the phone sometime. <3 KC
ReplyDelete