Friday, August 19, 2011

Thursday, July 14


Today I had my midterm exam. It took me exactly two hours to finish. It was a super long test. After the exam, I decided to treat myself to a little adventure. I looked up a few places that I had been wanting to visit in Shanghai and set off for the afternoon. I went to the French Concession Area. I ended up by this big shopping area, where there were all kinds of fancy stores. The subway stop that I got off at happened to be in this big department store. Since when I got off the subway, I was underground, I thought that I should go up to find the exit. I made it through 8 stories of the store (the clothes were more expensive that anything I would even consider buying in the US) and then realized that I needed to go back to the first floor to exit. Anyway, walked around and looked at the shops and restaurants and such and took a couple pictures. I thought this one looked pretty cool.
Then I went to another area of Shanghai to a fake market. It is like a huge shopping center, filled with stalls of people all selling the same crap. I had some fun bartering for things, especially using my poor English. Every seller that I talked with was super impressed (or actually it would be more accurate to say pretended to be super impressed) by my Chinese. The only people shopping there were Western people who looked like tourists. It was fun to kind of watch the people. I love getting things for way cheap prices and the way the sellers talk to you. I picked up a few gifts to bring home.

No comments:

Post a Comment