Happy Fourth of July! I celebrated my American-ism by eating lunch at the international (American) students cafeteria and having a tuna salad sandwich with an order of french fries and an order of criss cross fries (poor ordering on my part, don’t worry I had friend with me to share them with). I also did laundry this afternoon. Up until now I had been doing my laundry by handwashing it. I had already brought the stuff to handwash my clothes so it would be free. It’s 20 CNY (a little over $3 USD) to wash and dry a load of clothes here. My logic is that I’m NOT going to pay more to wash clothes in China than I would have to in the US. But I had a ton of stinky clothes from my trip to Nhnjhing and decided that I would just suck it up and wash them in the machine. But dry them by hanging them on my clothesline, so that I only had to pay 10 CNY. Here is a picture from earlier this summer of my clothesline. I’m just like a real Chinese, aren’t I?

No comments:
Post a Comment