After my roommate got home from teaching class, we lounged around for a little bit. I napped while she watched her Korean soap opera. Then we set off to get pedicures! I was excited about this, but also a little unsure. I’m not a huge fan of like strangers touching me (probably why I haven’t indulged in a cheap massage while here) and I think all feet are disgusting. I don’t even like my own feet. Someone must be really special to be able to touch other people’s feet all day. Anyway I had found a place online (thanks to City Weekend Shanghai) that has foreign standards, wasn’t too expensive, and was in the French Concession.
It was really fun though. We sat in these huge comfy chairs and there was a huge tv with an American movie playing, and the lady sat on a little stool and did all the stuff. I probably don’t need to go into detail, but it was really interesting to me how she snipped and clipped and rubbed and scrubbed.
Here’s a picture of my nice clean toes

The color is dark purple-ish, but it looks red or pink in this picture
Oh well, it was definitely worth the $15 USD.
Here’s a picture of my nice clean toes

The color is dark purple-ish, but it looks red or pink in this picture
After our pampering, my roommate and I went out for dinner and had Korean BBQ! You order your meats and veggies and then cook them on a grill right at your table.






No comments:
Post a Comment