Friday, August 19, 2011

Thursday, July 7

Food. One of my favorite parts of China. Well maybe not, but it’s definitely a huge part of culture and of my life here. I love trying new things and China has many many different delicious (and some not so delicious) dishes to try. Last night (Wednesday night) my roommate took me out to McDonalds for dinner. I wanted to order a cheeseburger. So I asked to order taker for the number 2, but he said that they were all out of that one/didn’t have it. But they said that I could order a double cheese burger (the one with three pieces of bread). I’m not sure what that was about, but I wasn’t really in the mood for chicken (especially since most of it was on the bone). I ordered it with fries and a drink. The fries were kind of soggy. They poured the drink for me (no outside drink station since there are no free refills), which I’m pretty sure was regular coke. My sandwich was pretty good. Anyway, there was no drive through window, but there were delivery guys. My roommate said that you can order McDonalds to go 24 hours a day. They deliver it on a motorbike in a big box.
Here is my meal from McDonalds. My roommate got me oreo ice cream as well. The best part of my meal.
On Thursday (today) my class went out to eat at a restaurant. There are four students and my teacher.
We ordered a bunch of different dishes and split them, Chinese style. My favorite kind of meal. One of the aspects I love about Chinese culture is eating meals together. Most of my Chinese friends will put stuff on my plate. Like if they know that I like potatoes, they will pick through the hot pot dish to dig out some potatoes on my plate. Also I feel like many Americans don’t like others eating and trying their foods, as well something about germs. I would rather eat communally.
This is a chicken dish.

Green bean and potato dish.

Peanuts in a vinegar type sauce

Our dessert-veggie and corn puff rice krispie treat things.

My teacher and two of the girls from my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment