Friday, August 19, 2011

Wednesday, June 29


Today I had language class. During my break between classes, I ate at an International Student Cafeteria. Which is conveniently located right next to the International Student Classrooms. It was more like a super fancy expensive sit down restaurant. (Expensive compared to other foods in China, but still cheaper than in the US) But I thought it would be fun to try it and a group of my classmates were going there as well. I had a chicken sandwich and potato sticks. For some reason I was kind of expecting a grilled, all white meat seasoned perfect sandwich-I must have forgotten I was in China. It was a breaded/fried chicken, with white meat, dark meat, and grissely, sandwich and like 10 french fries. I paid 23 CNY, approximately $3.80 USD. (usually I pay less than $2 USD for a meal.) This was the first thing in China that was rough on my stomach. I hope that I will not be eating there again.
Anyway I had business class after that and then in the afternoon I got a bike with one of the other girls in the program. No worries Mom, I won’t be riding on the street. It’s a 20-30 minute walk between our classes and the dorm and the eating places, so in the blazing sun we thought it would pretty neat if we could cruze along on campus with bikes. We only have an hour for lunch, so walking gives us like 10 minutes to eat-not nearly enough time. So I will be paying $30 USD to use a bike for the rest of the summer. Which seems like a pretty good deal to me. I think that this will make it easier for me to be able to eat lunch between my classes.
This evening I went to a Mahjong class. It was super fun. I (kind of) learned how to play it last summer when I was in China. I think I can play, but there are a lot of different versions and little rules that I probably get confused or forget or something. So I am not a pro by any means but I really enjoy playing. They will have the class once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment