Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday, August 5



Today I had my fourth Chinese exam of this summer. All I have left for my Chinese class is my final exam. Everything is winding down. And all I have left for my business class is a final paper. Which I haven’t started. I really prefer to do things and get them over and done with BUT it’s usually so hard to find the motivation to start! So I’ll just update my blog instead.

After my exam, I went to the convenience store and grabbed some grapes and a piece of bread for lunch. And then I headed to the South Bund Fabric Market with one of the girls from my class. She is having a suit made and needed to try it on. It was crazy, they have all these different vendors and they can make literally anything. And in like no time at all. I feel like if I were to live in Shanghai long term, I would totally get all my clothes there.

After that I went to the Science and Technology Museum subway stop to pick up a few last minute souvenirs. At the subway stop there is a huge underground market where you can barter for anything you could possibly want. I love love love it. haha

In the evening my program had a cruise at 5:00 pm. But it didn’t include dinner, bummer. Here are some pictures from the cruise





 After the cruise we went and ate at a vegan restaurant in the French Concession.  It was an interesting experience...


No comments:

Post a Comment