I made it back from both of the big trips. I’m super exhausted and have a ton of stuff to catch up on for class and everything else. The entire program trip to Jiangxi Province was really interesting, and the service project was an incredible experience. I will write more about them later.
But first I need to do a little whining. I am sooo tired of having limited access to websites. I can’t even look at the Target ad!!! I can’t listen to Pandora as I study. And I really want to do a little creeping on Facebook to see what is going on in people’s lives back home. I want to read the blogs that a couple of my friends write. (as well as the random ones that I creep on, haha).
Only 8 more days until I head for home. In 8 days I will have spent 3.5 months of my life in this country, which I have a love/dislike relationship. Overall I’m in love with it’s people, it’s culture, it’s way of life. But quite often it’s rough and challenging. But I find that as soon as I leave a place, many of the difficulties fade away and for some reason the place begins to seem like Camelot, and I long for it. I’m sure as soon as I leave China, I will feel this way. And as I am cramming for my vocab quiz and not wanting to get out of bed this morning, I am longing to be at the village school, with the children.
I will write more as soon as I can. For real.
No comments:
Post a Comment