Today I didn’t have class since we got a day off after taking our midterm exam. I think I have mentioned this before, but my roommate teaches a lot of classes. Some to teach foreigner’s Chinese and some to teach Chinese students English. Monday through Friday she teaches English to Chinese students for four hours a day. On Friday she asked if I would come share in her class about America. All of her students are planning to study abroad in the US sometime in the near future. So I thought of some things that might be useful for students from China to know about America and studying abroad there. I put together a little powerpoint as well. And I shared for an hour with the students and had them each practice talking to me as if they were meeting someone for the first time.
In the evening I went out for dinner with one of the girls who lives on my floor, as well as her brother who happens to also be taking a class in Shanghai right now. The place where we ate at happend to be the huge cool circular mall that I saw the day before! There are a lot of restaurants and cool looking stores in the mall and we ate at one of the very top floors which is like a huge food court area. You put money on a card and then use the card to pay for our food. One of the food choices was individual sized hot pot. Literally one of the best ideas I’ve ever seen.
This is me being super excited about eating individual sized hot pot.

This is me being super excited about eating individual sized hot pot.

Here is a view of the restaurant. It would be super hard to explain how it’s set up, so I hope the pictures kind of do it justice. What a brilliant idea!



No comments:
Post a Comment