Today I went and toured a GM assembly plant. That was really cool, definitely the best part of my business class this summer. First we talked to some big important guy who told us all about GM in Shanghai. Buick is their number one car that GM produces there, isn’t that kind of interesting in comparison to the US. Anyway after listening to his talk, we then went and walked around the plant. First we saw where the cars are just the metal frame. Then we saw them come out of the paint room. Then we walked around the line and watched as they went on the conveyor belt and different people put stuff on it. That was really interesting to see so many people working and each person just would put on one or two things and then get off, and then do the same thing to the next car. I wish I could have taken pictures, but we were not allowed to. As if I would have any idea about what to take a photo of so that I could copy their technology. It was a really cool experience.
Then in the evening I took my roommate out for dinner. I ordered our food and everything. The waitress was probably annoyed and thinking “why can’t I just talk to the Chinese girl instead of putting up with this foreigner’s crappy Chinese”. But it was fine. And since I was ordering I picked out all my favorite dishes that I’ve had at that restaurant. We had peanuts in soy and vinegar, chicken wrapped up in tofu sheets, spicy fried green beans, and Hong Kong style dumplings (I don’t know how to describe that, but they look super cool and have this crunchy thing on the top). I should have take pictures. Yum we ate so much food. And it was all so yummy. I will miss Chinese food.
My roommate also got her nails done yesterday. I really wanna get mine done.
And in other news, I will be in the United States of America in aproximately 124 hours. yay for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment