This time a year ago, I was flying on a plane. On my way to China. And now a year later I am in China again, posting a blog. It’s just crazy to think about all that has gone on in my life during the past year.
This morning we had our second exam, over lessons 3 and 4. After the exam we went to a tea market as a class for a cultural activity. This is a huge building with many many different vendors set up selling tea. I don’t understand the economics of it, they are all in the same place, selling pretty much the same thing. Anyway we went to one place and tasted Oolong tea and Jasmine tea. I really love tea and I thought this was a fun activity.
Part of our assignment was to interview the tea shop keeper lady. She showed us how to properly brew the tea. You must wash it first. She had all kinds of cool seeping stuff and tea pots and little cups. Here is a picture of my little tea tasting cup.

Filed under Uncategorized | Tags:Chinese Fieldwork | Comment (0)



No comments:
Post a Comment